Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I used to be a people watcher, now I watch strollers.

This weekend my family and I were once again on the go. We went to a Bears football game, a Cougars baseball game, a wedding, and even had time for a visit at Grandma and Papi's house. We are an on the go type of family!

Last weekend my family and I took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo. This is one of our favorite places to visit when the weather is nice.

When we visit the zoo we spend all day outside walking around checking out all of the different animals. We have a picnic and play on the jungle gym that they have set up for kids near the picnic area. All in all it is a family fun filled day. Part of the enjoyment of walking around all day used to be the people watching. This is no longer the case.

Anymore I barely notice the people walking around me. I am much more interested in all of the strollers. I asked my husband if this was weird. He said that it did not seem all that weird to him… I think my vote is for this being completely normal behavior. At least that is what I am telling myself.

I like to try to guess the make and model of strollers before I am actually close enough to read the emblem. I love it when I come across a stroller I have never seen before. I take a picture of it or I send myself a text about it so that I can check it out online once I get home. Right now my personal obsession is over double strollers.

I love to see the different options out there. There are tandem strollers, side-by-side strollers, double joggers, single strollers with an add-on option, and the list goes on. There are so many stroller options out there and not enough retailers that carry them!

I cannot very well ask the complete stranger at the zoo if I can give their stroller a try, so I go online and find out what retailers carry the stroller. If it is at a store I am likely to shop at anyways I will make sure to check it out on my next visit.

I know people who love cars the way I love strollers. They are called gearheads. I wonder what you would call someone who is totally into strollers…

I cannot seem to help myself. Whenever I am out and about and a stroller crosses my line of sight, I look. I watch strollers like a gator gobbles up marshmallows (FYI gators love to eat marshmallows)!

Now to just take them all for a test drive…

Written by: Laura Andry
Http://MomMart.blospot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...