Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mommy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Sad Sad Honda

It is not a typical Tuesday. Nope, it is not a typical Tuesday in my home today.  Thankfully I had my first cup of coffee in me before things started to really go downhill.

After my hubby headed out the door to go to work, the kids and I high tailed it to the basement for some train play (relaxed coffee drinking time for mom). As 8:00am rolled around I headed upstairs with the baby and started preparing his breakfast only to realize that I have 2oz of baby water left and no extra gallon anywhere. Okay… I guess we are going to be changing our plans today because we HAVE to go to the grocery store.

I put the baby down for a nap after breakfast and started to create a grocery list and compile my coupons (I heart coupons!). Clip. Clip. Clip. I had my coupons all ready. My grocery list was as good as it was going to get. I put everything I needed right by the door to the garage and then raced to get the kids and myself dressed and ready to take a trip to the grocery store. Aakk!

Two majorly poopy diapers and one mini-meltdown later and everyone was all buckled into their car seats and ready to roll. I threw the minivan in reverse and backed out of the driveway. CRUNCH! I looked to my right to discover that my side mirror did not want to make the trip to the grocery store with us this morning. Nope, that silly side mirror wanted to stay in the garage {The car was too close to the garage and the mirror got caught on the side of the garage as I was pulling out and bent backwards… then popped off!}.

Let’s try this again... I threw the minivan in drive and went forward. I hopped out to check the mirror and discovered that it was still attached (hooray) by a string (boo hoo). Nothing to be done right that moment and I still needed baby water; so away we went, a little more carefully, to the grocery.

We made it in one piece. For the next hour and a half I got to experience the joy of taking a toddler and a baby to the grocery store all alone. My toddler jumped in and out of the cart more times than I can count and threw everything that he could reach into the cart. My baby cried… a lot. By the end of this fabulous shopping trip I practically threw my wallet at the cashier {very patient and nice woman working at Meijer} and made a mad dash for the doors. I could not get home fast enough.

Once home things did not get any easier, it was one big crazy chaotic mess. Trying to unload the kids, unload the groceries, make a bottle for the baby, feed the kids lunch, and get both kids ready for naptime was not an easy feat. There was a lot of crying, a little screaming, and just a hint of hysterics; but eventually everyone got fed, changed, and put down for an afternoon nap.

Is the week over yet? This mommy is having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and I am ready for the weekend.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...