Thursday, October 9, 2014

DIY Super Hero Face Masks: Champions for Kids #Fiskars365

I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids, Fiskars, and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.

My children are all about crafting and creating lately. They have been making costumes and playing dress up around the house for the quite some time now. We decided that since we have been enjoying arts and crafts so much, that it would be a good idea to invite some friends and family over to help us celebrate some creativity while being Champions for Kids with the Fiskars simple service project. We spent an afternoon crafting super hero face masks and were able to gather some art supplies to donate to my son’s elementary school as well. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

DIY Super Hero Face Masks: Champions for Kids with Fiskars

What you need:
Paper plates
Scissors
Hole punch
Yarn
Paint {tempura washable paint}
Paint brushes
Water

How to make it:
Take the paper plates and fold the top over and using scissors cut out two holes on the fold to create the eyes of the mask.

Next, take the hole punch and punch one hole on each side of the mask at eye level.

Take a piece of yarn {my yarn was in 10” lengths} and loop it through the hole punch you created on the side of the mask and tie it off on one end.

Repeat on the other side of the mask. There should be two long pieces of yarn attached at either end of the mask. These will be used to tie the mask in place once it is ready to be worn.

Next, set out pallets of washable paints, paint brushes, and water for the children to use and let them get creative.

Set aside the masks to dry.

Once the masks are dry you can put them on and tie the string to secure them in place. Enjoy!

DIY Super Hero Face Masks: Champions for Kids with Fiskars

DIY Super Hero Face Masks: Champions for Kids with Fiskars Creation Celebration

DIY Super Hero Face Masks: Champions for Kids with Fiskars Creation Celebration

Our masks were not dry by the completion of our creating celebration. So I dropped off the masks the next day once they were dry. I was amazed by how much the kids enjoyed making these masks. They each made two masks… some made three. They got really into this craft and were thrilled with the finished product.

Creativity comes in all shapes, sizes, and mediums. Art is a wonderful creative outlet for all my children. My kids spend hours coloring, painting, and creating projects at home as well as at school. The stories that we read at bedtime are turned into pictures during the day. Their favorite characters are turned into costumes to be worn while running around the house. Because of this interest of theirs we decided that we would host a little crafting get together. The boys requested that we create masks and I requested that our guests bring art supplies to be donated to school.

Champions for Kids with Fiskars

Champions for Kids with Fiskars #Fiskars4Kids Art Supplies

As a former Pre-K teacher I know how quickly a classroom can go through supplies. I also remember spending quite a bit of my own money on the needs of my classroom. Every little bit helps and donations are almost always welcome. You can donate supplies as well as your time. I am lucky enough to be able to donate my time volunteering at my son’s school and he loves having me there.

My little boy started kindergarten this year and comes home each day with artwork he completed at school. He lights up when he talks about his creations and cannot wait to share with me every little detail about his pictures. I am delighted to be able to help support my son’s school and our family is thrilled that our donations will help other children to express their creativity through art. We enjoyed being Champions for Kids with the Fiskars simple service project.

Champions for Kids with Fiskars #Fiskars4Kids Art Supply Donations

Champions for Kids with Fiskars Simple Service Project

From now until October 15, people who share their story with Champions for Kids will be entered to win a gift basket full of Fiskars school and crafting supplies.

Fiskars will give these gift baskets to the school/district paired with the top ten winning entries submitted before October 15.

Want to get involved? Check out more HERE! And don’t forget to submit your own Simple Service Projects.



I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids, Fiskars, and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...