Friday, June 10, 2011

Product Review: Bright Starts; Start Your Senses Peek-a-Pal

Bright Starts Peek-a-Pal
My children and I always seem to be in the car going from one activity to the next. We spend several hours a week simply traveling in our vehicle. This is fine and dandy for my older son who is able to face forward and take in his surroundings or watch a DVD in the minivan. But for my newborn, life is a little bland in his infant carrier with nothing to see and nothing to do. That is until I received the Start Your Senses Peek-a-Pal from Bright Starts.

This product is designed for children to play with from birth & up. My newborn is now two-months-old and loves his new Peek-a-Pal. He loves to watch the worm disappear into the apple. In fact he giggles when I let go of the ring, it is too cute!

My two-years-old son likes to “help” mommy get ready by playing with his baby brother. This entails my toddler pulling the ring on the Peek-a-Pal, letting go, and ducking below the infant carrier. He likes to play Pee-a-Boo with the Peek-a-Pal.

Here is what I like about this product:

  • Everything on this toy is soft with the exception of the plastic pull handle. This is great because it means my child is not going to hurt himself playing with this toy.
  • The Peek-a-Pal attaches to objects by a Velcro strap located at the top of the toy. I LOVE THIS! I don’t have to deal with bending and twisting those hard plastic enclosures a lot of on the go toys use. This is also fabulous because I can attach this toy to almost anything because of its attachment flexibility.
  • The high contrast colors and patterns on this toy make it a great tool for helping to develop my newborns eyesight. I use it as a tool to help my baby track objects.
  • This toy makes a soft crinkle/rattle sound when the handle is pulled and released. The noise is very soft. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. As much as I love music and various nature noises, it is a relief to have a quiet toy. This is especially appreciated when applied to on the go car toys.
  • This toy is easily washable. In case it gets turned into a teething toy, and let’s be honest, what toy doesn’t get turned into a teething toy once those chompers start to make an appearance?
  • Although the prices vary according to store, this item sells for $4.99-$6.99. This is an extremely reasonable price for such a well made adorable toy. I like this product so much I plan on purchasing the Start Your Senses Sensory Giraffe (listed for $9.99) as well.
  • I like that the toy is gender neutral. It is a toy that I can use again with my next child whether the child is a boy or a girl.

stroller accessories
My Son Steven playing with his Peek-a-Pal

I do not have any complaints or suggestions on how to improve this product. It is a great on the go affordable toy.

You can find this product online at Bright Starts 

Thanks so much to Bright Start for providing me a sample product for my review, opinions expressed are 100% mine!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...