Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Karate reminds me of a little movie about Russian Royalty …

Whenever I think about karate I think about the 1997 Fox Animation Studios film called Anastasia. I am reminiscent of a little bat named Bartok – who I found hilarious. I just cannot help myself. It is just where my mind seems to wander. 

There is one quote in particular in which Bartok is talking to Rasputin about Anastasia that comes to mind… “Just wishing I could do the job for you, sir. I'd give her a HA! And a HI-YA! And then a OUU-WA! And I'd kick her, sir.

My oldest son is enrolled in a karate class and loves to show off his – and I quote – “Cool New Moves”. I am quite sure that these all have official name, I just don’t know them as of right now. These moves consist of his karate kick, a downward arm motion, a punch, and a bow. But his favorite is the totally the kick. Every single time he does it I hear a little bat named Bartok in my head going HA! HI-YA! and OUU-WA! …and I giggle.

By the way – I am huge fan of the little karate outfit. I think it is called a Gi. I call it adorable.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...