Monday, February 10, 2014

Must Read Winter and Valentine’s Day Books for kids!


My mother, the former elementary school librarian, instilled a love of literature in me at an early age. To this day one of my favorite things to do is curl up with a good book. I love trips to the library and I practically jump with joy when I am introduced to a new author whose books have the ability to capture my attention from the very first page. And because I love to read so much, I want my children to love to read too. So I read to them daily. My mother has been gracious enough to put together a list of some great winter and Valentine’s Day books for me and I have decided to share this list with you.

2014 February Valentine's Day and Winter Book List


Some of these books are winter reading staples. Some I had never heard of before and was pleased to be able to read and enjoy with my children. If you are looking for some Valentine’s Day books to read with the kiddos or some winter themed books, this is a great little list to get you started.

For ages 2-4
One Zillion Valentines  by Frank Modell is a simple story of 2 boys who help brighten some strangers Valentine’s Day.
Spot's Valentine by Eric Hill is a short quick preschool favorite.
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is a classic simple story of enjoying that first snowfall.
The Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley Neitzel gets the young pre-reader involved by the use of pictures and its repetitive verse.

For ages 3-6
The Best Valentine in the World by Marjorie Sharmat is a wonderful story of holiday anticipation and friendship.
Jeremy's Muffler by Laura Nielsen is a fun tale about wearing unwanted winter gear.
Duck at the Door by Jackie Urbanovic is an enjoyable tale about helping out each other.

Although I know February is about half way through, winter is still in full swing and my children are still enjoying reading all about the snow. Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I like to read a few good holiday books to help us get into the spirit of the season. I hope you enjoy these books as much as we do.



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...