Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Super Simple Caramel Sauce #Recipe

I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I am a sucker for desserts with chocolate and caramel and nuts. Something about the sweet and salty combination gets me every time. Lately I have been toying around in my kitchen with a turtle cluster type dessert recipe and as a result I have been working on an easy caramel sauce recipe. While the turtle cluster recipe is still in the works, I thought I would share the simple caramel sauce recipe with you – as it is really delicious and would be great drizzled on just about anything.



A quick and easy caramel sauce recipe #Foodie #YUM #Dessert #Caramel #Recipe

What you need:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
dash of salt

How to make it:
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low to medium heat.
Add the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla and whisking gently for 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Drizzle over a scrumptious treat and enjoy!

A quick and easy caramel sauce recipe #Foodie #YUM #Dessert #Caramel #Recipe #Tutorial

A quick and easy caramel sauce recipe #Foodie #YUM #Dessert #Caramel #Recipe #Tutorial

A quick and easy caramel sauce recipe #Foodie #YUM #Dessert #Caramel #Recipe #Tutorial

This only takes minutes to whip up and if you want a thicker sauce just keep stirring it over the medium low heat until you have the thickness you want. I may or may not have licked the bowl clean… My children love this caramel sauce recipe, as do I. They also love that I am still working on my little turtle cluster dessert recipe – as it means that they get to sample my work more often!


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy

Are you a dessert sauce person, and if so – what is your favorite?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...