Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sleeping Habits of a Sleepy Toddler

We transitioned my two-year-old son into a big boy bed earlier this year with no problems. I know people tell you to wait until your toddler is trying to climb out before making the transition, but we needed the crib for our new bundle of joy. My toddler sleeps in his big boy bed and jumps on his big boy bed and plays hide-and-go-seek in his big boy bed. The big boy bed provides an all around good time.

Our bedtime routine is quite simple. If it is bath night we get a bath. If it is not bath night, we move right along to the next segment in our routine… diapers. We change the diaper, brush the teeth, change into pajamas, crawl into bed, read the time on the clock, read a book (he gets to choose the book), and give goodnight kisses and hugs. Then it is time to turn off the lights and go to sleep.

Before my husband and I call it a night and head off to sleep we check on our sleeping toddler one last time. Usually William is sound asleep in his bed. Apparently the big boy bed has grown boring, because lately he has been experimenting on where to rest his sleepy head.

The last couple of nights when we have come to check on William we have found him sound asleep in some very entertaining places. We have found him snoozing under the bed with nothing but his feet sticking out. Very wicked witch of the west… Then yesterday I found him sleeping in his toy chest, buried in toys and stuffed animals. 

I find this extremely comical, as does my husband.


Child sleeping under his bed
child sleeping in toy chest

I also feel like the worst mother in the world because instead of picking up my child and putting him back into bed I went running for my camera to take a picture. After snapping a couple photos I put my sleeping son back into his bed. He didn’t make a peep when I dragged him out from under the bed. He did not wake up once when I put him back into his big boy bed. I wish I could sleep that soundly!

15 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Don't feel like a bad mom for running to get the camera; when my son was about 18 months, he managed to not only open the dryer door, but also climb INSIDE the dryer. After my initial horror I...
    yep, ran and grabbed my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin, I always love hearing other mother's similar situations.

    Everything that comes out of the dryer is soft and warm and cuddly, why wouldn't that be a great place to curl up and hide! Kids are very entertaining aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly think all parents do the grab the camera thing. I do it with my daughter all the time providing the situation isnt causing harm to her. I have taken pics of my daughter sleeping on the bottom of her bed lying sideways.... or completely on her pillow, or under her art table... so I dont think your a bad parent. By the way your son is handsome... I love kids... never know what they are going to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting article. I know an added article from The Sleep Doctor that that will supplement your topic on developing healthy sleeping habits for your child. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EPOS Technologies Limited is a developer, and seller of POS Software solutions. Our mission is to change the future of POS by offering cutting-edge products, produced in total quality control by our expert team. With passion for technological innovation and customer satisfaction we have won the hearts of numerous customers around the world.
    Online Ordering

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Gifts for kid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epos Technologies provide a complete package that allows you to take, process and deliver orders quickly and efficiently includes online ordering, self service kiosk station, digital signage, kitchen display system, kitchen printing in multi languages, caller id and post code look up.
    Online ordering for restaurants
    Online ordering for takeaway
    Click & collect
    Online Ordering
    https://www.epostechnologies.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and support from foreign sir 🙌🙌🙌 keep making such vedios for pubg lovers ❤️❤️
    You always impress me. Damn so intense the game. Love it
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8jyXdnaBxHGIfO0hDWKCKQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 1st first lifeline is “fifty-fifty”. In this lifeline, two wrong choices will be removed and you will have to choose from two remaining options. It will help you to win the 1st level.
    2nd lifeline is “Phone a friend”. For find the right answer you can take help of your friend by making a call between you and your friend.
    The 3rd lifeline is “audience poll”. In this, the audience that is attending the show gives you the poll of answers and the system will show you their polls in the form of a graph.
    The 4th lifeline is “Flip”. During the game, if you cannot give the right answer to the existing question you can use this lifeline to get the next question by skipping the current question.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Join Kbc lottery winner to become a millionaire with our self-enrollment program it has become easier to take part in Kbc lottery winner 2021

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kbc lucky draw lottery
    <a href="https://kbcluckydraw.com/
    Kbc lucky draw lottery</a>

    ReplyDelete
  12. We also believe that customer feedback should be a key component of any business plan going forward – something we hope to instill in you as part of

    your experience with us as your partner. Munn Media was created after I spent over 15 years as Head of Marketing for popular engineering firms
    Munn Media was created after I spent over 15 years as Head of Marketing for popular engineering firms including Accor and other 500 Fortunes companies

    in the world. Munn Media is the progressive, modern digital marketing company. We are proud of our diverse focus spanning ecommerce, mobile apps,

    website design and development, events and experiential marketing.
    http://munnmedia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Munn Media is a complete digital Marketing Agency that will provide above-the-line and below-the-line marketing services to our clients. At Munn Media,

    we recognize a need for a 360° approach to marketing where content, social media marketing, advertising and Search Engine Optimization are only the

    first steps.
    We also believe that customer feedback should be a key component of any business plan going forward – something we hope to instill in you as part of

    your experience with us as your partner. Munn Media was created after I spent over 15 years as Head of Marketing for popular engineering firms
    Munn Media was created after I spent over 15 years as Head of Marketing for popular engineering firms including Accor and other 500 Fortunes companies

    in the world. Munn Media is the progressive, modern digital marketing company. We are proud of our diverse focus spanning ecommerce, mobile apps,

    website design and development, events and experiential marketing.
    http://munnmedia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. this blog based on online shopping you found everything here on my blog
    this is e commerce marketing by amazon affiliation
    https://shopitnow12.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you all are doing will . this video is all about what is freelancing , who is freelancer and freelancing plateform .if you have any query to take this video so just leave a comment and also share it to all.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. No profanity, this is a family friendly blog. No SPAM.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...