Friday, September 7, 2012

A technology savvy home is easy with Venstar!


Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat

We are a technology savvy family and love our gadgets and gizmos as much as the next tech head… Okay, maybe a little more. My husband especially loves to be technologically advanced when it comes to running our home. It also allows us to run a more efficient home, which makes me happy!

So what is this technology savvy product that I am so excited about?  Let me introduce you to my new best friend the Venstar ColorTouch (T580.0) High Resolution Digital Thermostat.

Our old thermostat ran on batteries and did not allow us to create a program for our home temperature changes. It was not a terrible thermostat; it was just outdated and did not allow us to run our household as efficiently as we would like. I was given the opportunity to review the Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat and I could not be happier with this product.

We had a little hiccup on our road to technological paradise… The Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat does not run on batteries, it requires a power source. Fortunately we were already having our local HVAC repairman over to service our unit for fall, so he ran a power source to the thermostat for us. Installation after that was quick and easy.  


This little thermostat packs a big punch. It has so much to offer I don’t even know where to begin. Not only is it pretty to look at, it is easy to navigate and a breeze to program. It even has a setting available for going on vacation. Genius! Not cool enough for you? You can download your own ColorTouch Assistant for free!


What Mom Mart loves about the Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat:

Our Venstar ColorTouch ThermostatThe ColorTouch Thermostat turns into a digital picture frame when in screensaver mode {I have mine set as a slideshow that changes out the pictures every 30 seconds. There are all kinds of options available}.
This thermostat is Wifi enabled, meaning I can remotely adjust my settings from my home computer or my mobile devise. How cool is that? Forgot to turn off the air conditioning – no problem! I can change my settings while in line at the movie theater… Yeah, there is an App for that {and it’s free}.

This programmable thermostat is phenomenal. I can create a schedule for my household that changes the temperature of my home throughout the day in order to be the most energy efficient. I can also schedule my vacation down to the return date and time.

The Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat is incredibly easy to use. The menu options are pretty self explanatory, if you are unsure of how to navigate this thermostat the owner’s manual that comes with the thermostat explains everything really well. And if that doesn’t work there is an online support resource available as well.

You can track your energy usage. There are run-time graphs available for you to see how much energy you use. I think this is awesome!
 



I have been completely spoiled by this thermostat and cannot see myself ever going back to an un-programmable thermostat again. The Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat is innovative and would be a great upgrade for any household. I would highly {very highly} recommend this to anyone looking for a thermostat.


Have I mentioned how much I adore this thermostat? I have had a lot of fun with the iPad and iPhone Apps that you can use with the Venstar ColorTouch Thermostat. Yeah- It is that cool.  I really really really love mine. Want one of your own? Check out the Venstar ColorTouchThermostat for yourself!

Make sure to stay connected with Venstar via Facebook!
 

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...