Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY Modern Baby Shower Invitations

If you have been following along with Mom Mart then you know that I am expecting baby number three in June and it will be a little girl. I am very excited about this. I am even more excited because my little girl will have a little baby girl cousin her own age to grow up with too.

I am going to be an aunt again! My sister-in-law Krystal is expecting a little girl {her 1st baby} in April and I will be co-hosting her baby shower. This means I get to make baby shower invitations and plan decorations and come up with baby shower games and … oh this list could go on forever! Needless to say, I love planning showers.

So for the next couple of weeks I will be sharing with you my baby shower invitation creations, the baby shower decorations, some baby shower games, party planning essentials, and pretty much everything I can think of baby shower related!

To kick this off and get into the baby shower mood I will share with you my modern take on a baby shower invitation for a baby girl. My sister-in-law loves the purple so I am thinking that we will be all about the purple too!

Modern Baby Shower Invitation



After a trip to my local scrapbooking store I hit pay dirt and found a great chevron patterned paper with purple and teal and matching solid paper as well. It was exactly what I was looking for! It’s modern and feminine {but not too feminine} and fun – at least I think so. I borrowed my other sister-in-law’s Cricut cartridge so that I could cut out my own flowers in the matching paper.

I printed off the invitations on card stock and cut the cards in half. I like to buy the NOTECARDS value pack that come with corresponding envelopes – this takes a lot less work and makes creating cards super easy. Then I cut the scrapbooking paper to size and started gluing the paper onto the unprinted side of the card. I cut out violet flowers from the Cricut machine using the Storybook cartridge and pasted those on the printed side of the card {in the image I added a flower design that can be printed right onto the card – If I were to do this again I would have printed the flower design instead of cutting out the flowers. That was a lot more work than necessary!

Making Baby Shower Invitations

Using the Cricut Machine to Make Invites

These DIY Baby Shower invitations turned out pretty well and I have enough scrapbook paper left over to do corresponding party favors and decorations.

The font used for the cards are Lobster Two and Champagne & Limousines. I think these fonts complement each other beautifully and were easy to work with as far as size manipulation was concerned.


What do you think?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...