Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe


My mother-in-law asked me to bring a glazed carrots dish to share this last Thanksgiving and my response was a big fat no. I did not like glazed carrots {not that I can even remember ever eating them}. But I was not a fan of cooked carrots and was not going to make something for such a big holiday that I had never made before. So my mother-in-law asked someone else to make it… and I tried them… and they were delicious. So I have been testing away trying to replicate the ones that I had on thanksgiving.
  
  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable


What you need:
½ stick butter, divided
2 cups carrot, peeled and cut into circles
½ cup brown sugar
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Garnish
Chives, chopped

How to make it:
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat.
Add carrots cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter. When the butter melts pour in the brown sugar and stir together.
Add carrots to skillet as well as the salt and pepper.
Cover, and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes until the carrots are done and the glaze is thick.
Plate and serve immediately {garnish with chopped chives if desired}.

  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable

  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable

  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable

  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable

  Wonderfully Simple Glazed Carrots #Recipe #WhatsForDinner #Foodie #YUM #Vegetable


While these are not exactly like the ones I had at thanksgiving they are pretty darn good and the simplicity of making them will be helping to make them a staple vegetable dish in our house. Seriously, these were incredibly easy to make and took little to no time to whip up. It also helped that they were so tasty. My husband and I gobbled these glazed carrots up. There were no leftovers!

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...