Saturday, October 29, 2011

Making Christmas Shopping Easy: 2011 Holiday Gift Guides & Wish Lists!

When making my holiday checklist for Christmas presents I think about who all I need to buy for and what am I going to get them? I know exactly what I want to get my children. I know exactly what I am going to get my parents. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to get my husband or his parents! AAhhh! And here starts the stress of the holidays for me. On top of shopping for everyone else's gifts, I have to figure out what I would like to unwrap on Christmas morning.

Heck, I don’t even really know what I want most of the time. How can I expect my husband to know what the perfect Christmas gift is? I have come to the realization that my husband is NOT a mind reader and that if I truly want something I cannot use subtlety at all. I have to tell him “I want THIS, and you can buy it HERE.” Sadly, this takes all the fun of being pleasantly surprised out of opening gifts. I have found a solution to both of my dilemmas.

Dilemma 1: What Christmas presents do I purchase?

I frequently run out of ideas when contemplating gifts to get people. I can only buy so many golf balls. In order to find fresh ideas on what is IT for holiday gift giving this year I plan on looking to 2011 Holiday Gift Guides for my inspiration. The reason I am so excited about this solution is the fact that a majority of the products being featured are also being reviewed. I can get ideas for gifts as well as a real persons perspective on how that product performs. A majority of the 2011 Holiday Gift Guides are also hosting giveaways of products too!
 
Dilemma 2: How can I let people know what I want for Christmas without sending them a personal hand written invitation spelling it out for them?

I was told about Amazon’s Wish List by my mother who has used it to purchase gifts for people. I went to Amazon.com and started looking around. When I find something that I want, instead of adding it to my cart, I select the Add to Wish List button. You can make your wish list public or private. You can add, delete, and prioritize items on your wish list. You can create more than one wish list, making it easy for each member of your household to create their very own wish list. I have had so much fun looking for products!

Although I have a nice size list of my own, I really need to talk my husband and his parents into making a Wish List of their own. Oh, my life would be so much easier! It would take the guess work out of gift giving, but not the fun!

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Where do you get your gift giving ideas from? What works for you? What doesn’t?

I was not compensated in any way for this post.
All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and may differ from others.

http://mommart.blogspot.com/

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...