Tuesday, March 20, 2012

All You Champions For Kids Easter Baskets for the Hesed House #AllYouCFK #CBias

All You CFK Easter Baskets

Couponing is a great way to save money. If you are very good at clipping coupons you can even make a little money. Although I am no extreme coupon queen I do have a fabulously organized binder for all of my discounting needs. I consult my coupon binder whenever I leave the house on a shopping excursion.

This month the All You and Champions for Kids SIMPLE Service Project was all about couponing for good (#AllYouCFK). I clipped my coupons, made my list, and headed to Walmart to put together some gifts for my favorite local homeless shelter, Hesed House.  To check out our entire shopping experience you can visit my Google+ album.



All You couponing for good

I chose the Hesed House for a number of reasons. It is a local homeless shelter that makes a difference in my community. The Hesed House's philosophy is to meet today's needs of the underprivileged and underserved and to work toward systemic solutions that prevent future problems from occurring. This is a charity that provides opportunities to help rebuild lives. This is an organization that just keeps on giving.
The last time my family dropped off donations at Hesed House we noticed a little boy and a little girl playing on the playground. This gave my son the idea of making Easter baskets for our next simple service project. Our Easter baskets were filled with hot wheels, bubbles, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, sunscreen, and tasty sweets. We bought items from the immediate needs list, but made sure to include toys and treats too! Every Easter basket should contain some fun.
 All You Champions For Kids Hesed House Easter Baskets

Once our Easter baskets were assembled we headed to the Hesed house with our All You Champions For Kids simple service project. My son carried one basket and I carried the other and away we went to make our donations.

The Easter baskets were a big hit at Hesed House and the employee working the front desk even remembered us from our last donation visit! This was such a heartwarming experience. I feel incredibly blessed to have been a part of this campaign.We thanked the employees at Hesed House for all of their hard work and we even checked out the playground on our way out.
Hesed House Playground

We have had a wonderful time participating in the Champions For Kids simple service projects and cannot wait to find out what our mission will be for next month. I love teaching my sons that it is better to give than to receive.  Being active in community organizations is something that I hope my children will learn and grow from and I cannot wait to get involved again!
To learn more about Champions for Kids visit them on Twitter, Facebook, or visit their Website.
All You CFK
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias Regardless, all of the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...