Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Couponing for Good with All You! { #AllYouCFK #CBias }

I love coupons. In fact, I rarely leave home without them. If I am shopping for groceries, clothing, or everyday essentials I have my coupons in hand before I walk out the door.

This month I am partnering with All You and  Champions for Kids for another SIMPLE Service Project. This project allows me the opportunity to work with one of my favorite magazine, All You (#AllYouCFK) to do some Couponing for Good!

Couponing For Good

My family will be using coupons from our All You magazine as well as some coupons from our trusty coupon binder to shop for one of my favorite local charities, Hesed House! I will tell you more about this organization and what they do for the community in another post very soon. Needless to say, they are an inspiration and I look forward to assisting them through couponing!

Last month when we made a donation to Hesed House we saw a little boys and a little girl playing on the playground. With Easter just around the corner we decided that we wanted to create an Easter basket to donate for a boy and a girl. My children and I sat down and made a list of items that we wanted to include in our donation Easter Baskets.

Clipping Coupons
Making a list

The Hesed House website site has a list of immediate need items wanted for donation. This list includes things like travel size shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and other basic need items. We wanted to make sure to include some of these products in our Easter baskets, so we added them to our shopping list and started looking for coupons! I searched through my ever dwindling stash of coupons and pick out a couple for us to take with on our shopping trip to Walmart.

Although I did not have coupons for everything (some coupons exclude travel size products), I was confident in Walmart’s everyday low prices and knew that I could get the most for my money. One of my All You coupons was good for any size product and I was able to make $.03 on my purchase!

Walmart
Easter basketsFilling the Easter baskets
Easter aisle in Walmart

We had a great time shopping the Easter aisles that Walmart has set up near the front of the store. My children picked out baskets, treats, and toys for the baskets. Then we moved on to the travel size products and loaded up on necessities too! Checkout was a breeze with my little helper loading everything on the counter for me that a treat for my children was definitely in order.

After our shopping trip to coupon for good at Walmart I took my children on a car wash (My son loves going to the car wash; only he calls it the chug wash). We giggled and laughed as the minivan was sprayed and scrubbed. Then it was time to head home to assemble our Easter baskets for donation. Later on this week we will be bringing them to Hesed House!

Our All You Champions For Kids Simple Service Project!

Check out our entire shopping experience in my Google+ album.

Want to get involved in the All You Couponing for Good Simple Service Project? It truly is simple and although it may seem like a small thing, it can be HUGE to the people on the receiving end of these simple service projects. You can make a difference! I encourage you to research your local homeless shelters and organizations to find out how you too can give back. All You wants you to share your stories to inspire others to be involved in their communities as well.



To learn more about Champions for Kids visit them on Twitter, Facebook, or visit their Website.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias Regardless, all of the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...