Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#WW: New York in a nutshell!

A little over two weeks ago I took a trip to New York to go to BlogHer12. That was the purpose of my visit to the big apple, but it is not the only thing that I did… In fact, I saw quite a lot of the city!

 
I walked through Central Park.

Central Park, NY

Central Park Alice in Wonderland Statue, NY
 

I saw Ground Zero and looked at One World Trade Center being constructed.

One World Trade Center
 
I went to MOOD and saw Kenley Collins – from Project Runway!

Kenley Collins in Mood! New York

I had Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Breakfast at Tiffany's, Tiffany &Co.
 
I ate lunch at the Boathouse.

The Boathouse in Central Park New York

 I hung out at Grand Central Terminal.

Grand Central Terminal
 
I stood atop the Empire State Building and viewed my all time favorite building ever – the Chrysler Building… it is one seriously pretty building!

Empire State Building

The View from the Empire State Building

I hung out in Times Square.

Times Square
 
I rocked it out at Rockefeller Center!
 
Rockefeller Center 
 
I rode the Subway.

Subway
 
I even shopped in the diamond district!

Diamond District
 
I don’t care what anyone says about New York, I loved it! I loved the hustle and bustle of people in constant motion. I loved the architecture of the old school buildings and the tranquility of Central Park. The people I had the opportunity to talk to were polite and immensely helpful.
 
This was a great getaway for me and I loved every minute of it… But I am very happy to be home and back with my family. I am just now starting to feel like I am getting back into the swing of things. BlogHer sure can take it out of you! I can't wait for next year.
I have to say that my favorite activity that I was able to do (outside of #BlogHer12) was my lunch at The Boathouse in Central Park. After walking around in the heat it was pure heaven to be able to sit and relax and take a breath. We had reservations – which were a breeze to make online! We came early enough that we got a great seat and were fortunate enough to have our very own celebrity sighting {Laura Linney} while dining by the water.

Have you been to NY? If so, what was your favorite place to go? If not, what is the one place you would HAVE to see?

 

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...