Saturday, August 4, 2012

DIY Kitchen Organization



It is no surprise that I am a very organized person. If you know me in real, life you know that I am a wee bit obsessive about things being tidy and organized and efficient. I am always on Pinterest looking for better ways to organize my life, my family, and my home.


When we moved into the new house I was overwhelmed with how I was going to organize the kitchen. So much so, that all I wanted to do was sit down and cry. I am still not sure if this had more to do with the stress of selling our home, buying a new home, and moving with two small children than the actual organization of the kitchen. Either way, I called my mother-in-law and asked her to some and help me.

She came ready and willing to lend a hand and we had that kitchen organized in no time {THANK YOU!}. It became apparent to me once everything was put away that the people who lived in the house before me also liked a little organization in their home. Some of my favorite features of my new kitchen are ones I have inherited from the previous owners.

Under Stove Storage

Pull Out Shelving for Pots and Pans

Bread Drawer

Built In Spice Rack

But there was still some organizing to be done and we were up for the challenge. I needed a better way to organize my casserole dishes as well as my cutting boards. I wanted a way to organize my under sink storage so that items were easily accessible. We also decided that we did not want to look at a garbage can and we didn’t want to deal with two little boys digging in or going through the trash can every time we turned around; so garbage organization was on the list as well.

Pull Out Casserole Dish Organizer

Cutting Board Organizer

Under Sink Storage

Pull Out Garbage

I love being organized and I feel that a better organized home makes me a more efficient person. And let’s be honest, there are not enough hours in the day! My time is valuable and I like to try and make every minute count.  

My kitchen is becoming the center of my home and I love spending more and more time in it now that it is organized. My husband installed all of the organizational gizmos and gadgets himself and did it all in a day {easily}. Now I need him to tackle my bathroom storage next!

Do you have a favorite organizational tip you would like to share? I would love to hear it.

  

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...