Wednesday, September 4, 2013

End of Summer Perfection


We said goodbye to summer last week. We did so by filling up the ball pit {a little inflatable pool} with water and playing outside all day. We even pulled over our little tikes climber and created a little water slide for a little while. We ran and jumped and splashed until we could run, jump, and splash no more. We thoroughly wore ourselves out while trying to soak up as much sun as possible.

End of Summer Perfection Saying Goodbye to Summer


Play pool in the backyard for the kids

DIY Waterslide

Saying Goodbye to Summer

I was not ready in the slightest for summer to come to an end and for school to begin. I think that it is going to get harder and harder to say goodbye to summer as these children of mine grow. Sending them off to school is incredibly bittersweet. I love being able to run errands and get things done while my nugget is at school, but I miss him something terrible when he is not around and I am not ready for him to grow up.

I am not ready to give up pool time. I am not ready to say see ya later to the kids running through the sprinkler. I am so not ready to say goodbye to mornings at the park running around. We have had a pretty mild summer here in Illinois and I am not ready to bid it adieu quite yet. Maybe the pool can come out just one more time- so I can have a final farewell!

How do you say goodbye to summer?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...