Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How to make a Quiche: Quick & Easy Quiche #Recipe


I love breakfast foods. They are usually pretty easy to make and are delicious any time of day. I especially like quiche. Quiche is great for a breakfast or brunch get together and it is really simple to prepare. I have had quiche at many a baby and bridal shower and it is one of my go-to dishes to make when I have company over. This is a quick and easy recipe that I hope you enjoy.

How to make a delicious Quiche. A quick and easy recipe for a yummy breakfast. #Recipe #Breakfast #Quiche


What You Need:
1/2 cup mayonnaise {I use miracle whip}
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
6-8 pieces of bacon {cooked and crumbled}
1 unbaked pie shell {9in}


How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 400°
In a bowl whisk the milk and mayonnaise together until smooth.
Whisk in the eggs.
Layer the onion, green pepper, crumbled bacon, and cheese in the unbaked pie shell {I usually do 2-3 layers of each ingredient.}.
Pour in the egg mixture.
Place the quiche on a cookie sheet.
Cover the quiche with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove the tin foil cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes – or until edges have turned golden and filling has set.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

How to make a delicious Quiche. A quick and easy recipe for a yummy breakfast. #Recipe #Breakfast #Quiche

How to make a delicious Quiche. A quick and easy recipe for a yummy breakfast. #Recipe #Breakfast #Quiche

Part of the reason why I enjoy quiche so much is the fact that it is incredibly easy to make with whatever is in your fridge. When I make quiche I usually make a spinach and bacon quiche, but because I was out of spinach I substituted with what I had on hand. If you want to make a spinach and bacon quiche simply substitute a frozen container of spinach for the green pepper {I get the boxed frozen spinach in the freezer section, cook it in the microwave for five minutes and then squeeze out all the excess juice}. My family loves my quiche and I typically only make it when I entertain – as I would eat the whole quiche myself if there are not people around to share it with.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

This quiche recipe is quick and easy and tastes delicious.  I would compliment it with a cup of coffee and a side of fruit for the perfect breakfast. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

Do you have a favorite breakfast dish?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...