Sunday, April 15, 2012

Being sick when you have kids...

Whenever I feel terrible I picture those British signs that have popped up everywhere… You know those “Keep Calm… bla bla bla” signs. So I decided to make one of my own.

 KEEP CALM AND SUCK IT UP YOU'RE A MOM
I strongly dislike being sick. It takes too much time and energy to do anything and I completely lack the patience needed to recover from illnesses. I simply have too much to do and not enough time to get everything done.

What is worse is that I can no longer just be sick. As any mother will tell you, there is no resting, relaxing, and recovering when you have children. Children always need to be taken care of; even when YOU need to be taken care of. I think is the reason why I detest being sick so much. I do not have the luxury of simply being sick and taking the time to rest and get better. I have to suck it up and keep going.

I thought I was getting better after having spent a chunk of last week sick. Then I woke up this morning with no voice and a sore throat and a cough to wake the dead. I took a trip to the doctor, was told I was sick and prescribed medicine that should make me better. So I will take my medicine and hopefully all will be back to normal soon. Until then the kids and I are just going to take it easy.

I have told my children that mommy is sick and that we have to talk very quietly. We will see how long the whisper voices last. He is very upset that I will not share my food and drink with him. He does however like the fact that he gets his own yogurt and his own water cup with a straw to drink out of. My biggest obstacle is the fact that he wants to kiss me and make me better. YIKES! It breaks my heart to turn away cuddles and kisses. This is where I will be doing most of my sucking it up!

http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...