Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Make a Cheesy Turkey Spinach Omelet! #Recipe

Over the years my tastes have changed. Instead of ordering the country fried steak smothered in gravy that I used to get for breakfast when dining out, I now usually order an omelet of some kind. For a very long time I was afraid to make these in my kitchen… I have no idea why. I guess I thought that they were a lot more complicated than they were.

Let me tell you, making an omelet is not difficult. In fact it is quite easy. I like to make one large omelet for my husband and I to split. Even my kiddos love to eat omelets! The best part about making your own omelets at home is the fact that you can put whatever you want in them, as much or as little as you want. I like to eat mine with a side of salsa and a slice of whole wheat toast!

How to make a cheesy turkey spinach omelet


What you need:
4 eggs
1 tablespoon milk {I use 2%}
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices of turkey deli meat
1/4 fresh spinach {chopped}
1 tablespoon of butter for greasing the pan {you can use olive oil instead}

How to make it:
In a bowl crack open the 4 eggs and add 1 tablespoon of milk.
Whisk the egg/milk mixture until blended.
Chop up the slices of turkey deli meat.
Clean and chop up the fresh spinach
In a separate bowl combine the shredded cheddar cheese, the chopped turkey meat, and the chopped spinach. Set aside.
Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let cook for a few minutes.
Once the eggs have started to cook take a spatula and gently press the edge of the egg into the center of the pan while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath.
Repeat until there's no liquid left.
Once the eggs are done {look like a yellow pancake} pour the bowl of turkey, cheese, and spinach over the eggs and cover for two minutes. This will evenly melt the cheese.
Uncover and use the spatula to fold one side of the omelet over so that the sides line up. Cook for another minute or so, make sure not to let it brown {as that would result in an overcooked egg}.
Eat!

How to make an omelet

Please note that while this is a very basic recipe for an omelet, you can add as much or as little to yours as you choose. You can fill your omelet with whatever sounds good to you. I am sharing this recipe because it is one of my favorite go-to meals and can easily be adapted. I like to call my omelets “leftover omelets” because I use whatever is leftover in my fridge to make this meal… sometimes I have meat, sometimes it is all about the veggies. No matter what, it is always good.

I like to eat my omelet with a slice of whole wheat toast and a little dish of salsa. My youngest child loves to eat omelets this way too. In fact it is very rare that I will ever get the opportunity to eat a whole omelet on my own, as I have little boys who love to eat eggs, especially when they are on mom’s plate.

What kind of omelet do you like to eat?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...