Thursday, May 2, 2013

Starting the countdown #Pregnancy Week 32

Normally I don’t start to countdown to my due date until I am about a month away. But with my sister-in-law giving birth to her beautiful baby girl and most of my girl friends having babies I am more than ready to meet little miss Julia! I am 8 weeks away from my due date and although my home is not ready for the arrival of a new baby {AT ALL} I am very much looking forward to June arriving so that I can hold her in my arms and get baby snuggles.

How Far Along: 
32 Weeks Pregnant {32 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
Running out of room means that baby Julia is kicking and pushing up a storm {especially when I sing with the boys}.

Pregnancy Week 32

Pregnancy Week 32



Baby Development:  
I am now gaining about a pound a week {a little less actually, but I am sure that as this progresses it will be up to a pound a week} roughly half of which goes right to baby Julia. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair. Although how much actual hair she has will be a complete surprise at birth {William was born with a couple wisps and Steven was born with a full head of hair}. Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth. So exciting!

Symptoms:
All I want to do is sleep. This exhaustion thing is really taking a toll on me. It probably doesn’t help that my oldest has a case of Bronchitis and has been waking up several times in the middle of the night – and thus waking me up too. Nor does it help that my little guy is still transitioning into a big boy bed and wakes up in the middle of the night and comes into our room to try and sleep with mom and dad.

As far as the belly is concerned, it is getting bigger. She is kicking even more – if that were even possible. I am moving more slowly and finding that too much time on my feet makes my feet swell and hurt. – all whining aside. We are doing well, just dealing with pretty common pregnancy symptoms for the third trimester.

Currently craving: 
SPICE. Sugar and spice to be more precise. Root beer floats are back in the rotation as is Mexican food. YUM!

Currently Avoiding: 
I am not avoiding anything right now.

Belly button status: 
In

Movement:
Bedtime and middle of the night seems to be when Julia likes to move it move it.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
I had my latest appointment this week and talked about the ultrasound. My doctor reassured me that this does not necessarily mean anything and I should not get stressed out over it. There is absolutely nothing I can do or should be doing about the enlarged kidney readings in the ultrasound. Since my second ultrasound came back on the high end of the spectrum we will do an ultrasound on Julia once she is born and then check back after a couple weeks to see if nature has taken care of it {which is what typically happens apparently}.

I will now be seeing the doctor every two weeks.

Any baby related purchases?:
No.

Other: 
As much as I am looking forward to having Julia and meeting her and holding her in my arms, we are so not ready to bring a newborn home right now. We have no nursery set up and our house is a work in progress with our basement project. Feeling a wee bit apprehensive, but confident that it will all come together in time and we will be ready when she is ready to come.

Were you prepared and ready when it came time to bring baby home?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...