Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ready for #BlogHer13


BlogHer13This week I have been preparing for something I look forward to all year long, BlogHer! If you have never heard of BlogHer before, let me give you the simplest explanation… it is a conference for bloggers. A big conference!

Last year BlogHer12 was in NY and it was fabulous. I had an amazing time and could not contain myself when I found out that Chicago was going to be hosting BlogHer13. Since I am a Chicago suburbanite this meant that BlogHer just got a lot less expensive and a lot more manageable for me to bring my newborn along. Yes I will be babywearing my daughter to BlogHer this year. Now to pick out the best carrier!

This week has been all about preparations. I have been busy picking out what to wear for myself and my baby. I have been making sure to break in my shoes – as BlogHer involves A LOT of walking. I have been finalizing my schedule and mapping out where I want to go and what I want to do. There is a lot to do and certain days are jam packed with activities and meet ups!

what to wear to #BlogHer13

shoes for #BlogHer13

Don't get lost at #BlogHer13


I have also been trying to prepare my household to run without me for the next couple of days… I have no idea what I will be coming back to, but it should be entertaining. I expect a hot mess of a house {as my husband believes that the best way to play with toys is to have ALL of them out at the same time} and funny stories about the boys and their antics.

BlogHer is MY thing. It is the one conference I go to and totally embrace with open arms. I catch up with friends that I have not seen in ages or have never met in real life. It is where I get to engage with brands I love and be introduced to new brands. I get to check out really awesome new products that are not out yet {and hopefully I get to share with you a sneak peak}. It is also a time to learn and grow as a blogger.

BlogHer also has a side effect of causing total exhaustion. When you go from the wee hours of the morning until the wee hours of night you get wiped out pretty easily. Add to that the adrenaline rush of running around the city and you have a great experience that you need to recover from. It took me about a week to get back into the swing of things after BlogHer12 – just keeping it real. But once I was back I was filled with inspiration and ideas for blogging and ready to put them into action. I love BlogHer and am so excited for it to start.


Is there a conference or event that you look forward to?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...