Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY Bathroom Subway Art #FreePrintable


I have gone back and forth over how I wanted to decorate the kid’s bathroom. I originally thought about doing a Dr. Seuss theme, but quickly crossed that off the list as my children would quickly outgrow that. Then I thought about a Mickey Mouse bathroom theme because… well… I LOVE Disney! But that too got taken off the list as I wanted more sophisticated and modern color choices instead of having a bright red and yellow bathroom. I even thought about doing a “Where the Wild Things Are” bathroom, but I did not have enough wall space to really embrace this theme the way I wanted to.

Then I spent an afternoon on Pinterest {try not to act too surprised} and saw several bathroom printables that were really cute, but none of them were really 100% me. I wanted something funny but completely child appropriate. I wanted sayings and poems and sing song type things… I wanted it all. So I made it myself.
  
Free Printable DIY Subway Bathroom Art


I have created a Google Doc for my readers to be able to easily print off these Bathroom Subway Art Printables. It is completely free, because all my hard work should not be used only once. Feel free to print this off and use it! I made these to be printed as 8x10 pictures. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_8sR3hH9K0XcFlFTFphekVIaUE/edit?usp=sharing

Brush your teeth quotes and sayings FREE PRINTABLE

Flush the Toilet quotes and sayings FREE PRINTABLE

Teach Hygiene WASHING quotes and sayings FREE PRINTABLE
  
If you are going to make your own be aware that it took me hours to put these together.
But there is nothing as satisfying as creating something personal and fun yourself. So if you are going to do this I will tell you how I did it.

I created an 8x10in solid colored paint document and saved it. I then opened it up in my PhotoScape program {a free picture editing program that you can download – I also use this program for watermarking pictures}. Click “Editor” and then locate your paint picture you want to use on the left and open it up. Go to the “Objects” tab on the bottom of the screen and click on the “T” for text. You can now add any text you want. You can use any font type, font color, and opacity you so desire. Once you have what you want save it. Open up a word document and “Insert” the “Picture”, manipulate to the size you want and hit the print button. Congratulations, you have just created your own DIY Bathroom Printable.

Free Bathroom Printables


The reason why it took me so long to make these was more to do with using the right words and finding the right size fonts and less to do with the level of expertise required to open up and type it all out. If you like mine you can just open the google doc and print off a copy for yourself. If you want to tackle this project yourself, I have shared with you how I did it. If you choose to print these off and use them I would love it if you would send me a picture! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

Bathroom Subway Art FREE Printable and tutorial on how to create your own!

Have you ever made your own artwork, if so what did you make?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...