Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tomato and Artichoke Salad #Recipe


I am crazy about tomatoes. I think they are delicious and there are so many different ways to eat them. One of my personal favorites is in a salad. But this is not just any old salad. Nope, this is my mother’s Tomato and Artichoke Salad. She makes it for big family get togethers and it is always a big hit. I would also recommend this for a pot luck, as it is something different and it is super easy to prepare.

Tomato and Artichoke Vegetable Side Dish Salad Recipe

What you need:
2 Cans quartered artichokes
1 Can of black olives
1 Can of diced tomatoes
1 8oz package fresh mushrooms {white button mushrooms}
1 Bottle Robusto Italian Dressing

How to Make It:
Drain the artichokes.
Drain the black olives
Drain the tomatoes
Slice the olives in half
Slice the mushrooms into fourths.
Mix all ingredients together.

I like to make this ahead and let it chill overnight so that all of the flavors mix, but it does not have to be chilled… I just think it tastes better cold.

Tomato and Artichoke Vegetable Side Dish Salad Recipe

This is a really simple recipe that always goes over well, as it is pretty healthy and super easy to throw together. It is the perfect add on to almost any meal since you can prepare it in minutes. It is also great for people who love tomatoes.

If you want to use up all those tomatoes from your garden simply chop them up and use fresh tomatoes instead of the can of diced tomatoes. I use canned goods in this recipe because I make this year round and fresh produce is not always easy to come by or in season. This is my go-to pot luck dish year round!is also great for people whlmost any meal as you can prepeare it retty healthy and super easy to throw together last minute



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Friday Food FrenzyFull Time Mama





What is your favorite pot luck dish?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...