Monday, December 9, 2013

Planning a Christmas Dinner Menu


Every year I host Christmas Eve in my home for my in-laws. This year we are changing things up and I will be hosting Christmas Day instead of Christmas Eve. Hosting a big family holiday takes a lot of work. The hardest part for me is the menu planning. I like to try and change things up a bit with some new recipes as well as some tried and true family favorites. I thought since I was working so hard on putting together a delicious Christmas Menu that you might like to see what I am planning on serving for Christmas Dinner, just in case you are still working on your menu too.
  
Christmas Dinner Menu 2013:Mom Mart


Since a majority of the people attending the dinner are all about veggies and tend to take it easy on the carbs I am trying for a healthier Christmas Dinner. And while I love being healthy, I still want to enjoy my dinner and eat scrumptious food. So over the next two weeks I will be perfecting some of my new recipes. Once they have been tested, tweaked, and tasted – I will share them with you. Wish me luck!

My change of holiday plans does not actually change a whole lot for my family as we no longer travel on Christmas day. We will attend a Christmas Eve service and then we stay at home on Christmas Day and enjoy our family and our traditions to the fullest. We will eat yummy food, watch the kiddos open gifts, and enjoy each other’s company around a warm fire while giving thanks for our blessings and listening to some holiday music.  

If you are looking for some delicious tried and true recipes to make I have some that I have shared on Mom Mart over the past few years that are delicious and will sure to be a hit. If you are in need of a tasty appetizer you can check out my Bruschetta Recipe. If you are looking for an entrĂ©e that is not a turkey you can always check out my Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce Recipe. Some sure fire side dishes that my family loves to eat over and over again are my Sweet Italian Green Bean Recipe, My Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe, and my Mushroom and Asparagus Recipe. If some of my new ideas don’t pan out I may just be coming back to some of these tried and true family favorites myself.

What are your holiday plans?

Will you be in the kitchen cooking up a storm? Will you be on the road or in the air traveling to see family or friends?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...