Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mushroom and Asparagus Delicious Side Dish #Recipe


I love mushrooms, I always have and I probably always will. I am also a big fan of asparagus. I have no idea why these are some of my favorite vegetables, but they are. I love their flavor and the fact that you can eat them as a side with just about anything. I feel that they compliment pretty much any main dish perfectly.

With my latest pregnancy craving being all about veggies I have been playing around in my kitchen with various side dishes to accompany my meals. Mashed cauliflower { this recipe still needs to be perfected}, sesame broccoli, and mushrooms with asparagus have quickly become staple side dishes in my kitchen.


Mushroom and Asparagus Side Dish Recipe


What you need:
1 small container of whole mushrooms {8 oz}
1bunch of asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
black pepper, to taste {a pinch}
salt, to taste {a pinch}

How to Make it:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
I buy the whole white button mushrooms to use with this recipe. Clean the mushrooms and then slice them.
Slice off the bottom of the asparagus.
Combine all ingredients in an oven safe baking dish. I like to use my glass 9x9 Pyrex container.
Toss so that the mushrooms and asparagus are all coated in the olive oil and spices.
Place in the oven uncovered and cook for 20 minutes.

My husband and I both love this recipe as it is really simple to make and can be a quick and easy side dish for just about any meal. It is fresh and light and tastes great every time. Whenever I make this my youngest son {the little dare devil of the family who will try anything} really likes to steal the asparagus off my plate when he thinks I am not looking. It is quite comical. This is one of my go to dishes for its simplicity and taste. I am always looking to add delicious vegetable side dishes to my repertoire, especially healthy ones.

What is your go to vegetable dish?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...