Thursday, March 28, 2013

Last Week of Second Trimester! #Pregnancy Week 27

I am very much looking forward to entering the third trimester and getting even closer to that special day that I will get to meet this little lady. I know that the third trimester can be tough. I am hoping that it will not be too tough. Here is to hoping, right?

How Far Along: 
27 Weeks Pregnant {27 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
This bump picture is my on the road bump picture – as I have been taking a little vacation to visit my folks. Hence the strange backdrop {and the fact that this is not a picture of me on my staircase}.

Pregnancy Week 27

Pregnancy Week 27

Baby Development:  
This week my baby should be weighing in at almost 2 pounds and should be about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, my baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning {with a lot of medical help} if she were to be born now.

Symptoms:
I eat pretty standard portions, not big and not tiny… standard. The portion size that is usually recommended on the back of the container is usually what goes on my plate. Lately I have noticed the need to take a break from eating mid meal. I know baby is taking up more space in my belly – but I forgot that eating can feel like such a chore.

Currently craving: 
Hometown food. Where my parents live there are a couple restaurants that I cannot find up north in the greater Chicagoland suburbia that I call home. Places that I grew up eating and that I love. The goal is to eat at all of them on this little vacation of mine before heading back up home.

Currently Avoiding: 
I am not avoiding anything right now.

Belly button status: 
In… but it is getting flatter and flatter {I don’t think it will pop out – but don’t hold me to that statement}.

Movement:
Hiccups are quite common lately. She gets them throughout the day.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
Glucose Test {Gestational Diabetes Test} is week 28, My next appointment is set for week 29, and my follow up ultrasound is scheduled for week 30. I am so BUSY!

Any baby related purchases?:
None this week.

Other: 
I have been waking up in the middle of the night freaking out a little that things are not going to be ready for when little Julia arrives. It is not essential that the nursery be ready on the day that she comes home from the hospital, as she will be sleeping in the master bedroom for the first couple months of her life. We are working on other areas of the house in preparation of her arrival – the basement. I am a bit worried that this is going to take a little longer than originally anticipated and the nursery is going to get pushed back even longer. OY! I guess my nesting has kicked in and I have nowhere to truly nest!

Did you experience nesting?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...