Saturday, March 16, 2013

Design Board: A Vintage Circus Nursery


I am having such a fabulous time coming up with these design boards and creating such diverse nurseries themes that I am rethinking my original nursery plans. There are certain aspects of each nursery design board that I create that I fall in love with… that I just have to have for my little girl’s nursery. This week I am head over heels for this vintage circus design board that I have lovingly put together.

A circus theme can be very bold with the use of primary reds, oranges, and blues… or it can be made a little more understated and soft by using various shades of yellow, green, orange, and blue.  I have even seen some that even embrace a full on pink theme. I have seen ceilings painted red and white and I have seen awnings over cribs that resemble a big top. There are a million ways you can go with a circus nursery theme.

I chose to bring the vintage circus theme into this nursery by using accents and accessories that can easily be switched out. I have nothing against the color pink, but I happened across a crib bedding set and a throw pillow that made me want to embrace the color orange with this room. I have seen the mobile as a DIY project on Pinterest and thought it looked like something I could do, but just in case I don’t have the skill, time, or inclination I think that the hot air balloon mobile I found is beautiful!

Vintage Circus Nursery Design Board by Mom Mart



I have such fond memories of going to the circus and took my oldest to his first circus this year. We love it. It is filled with magic and wonder for kids of all ages {me included}. I frequently joke that my home/family is a circus and that visitors should buy tickets for admission, so what better way to welcome home my new bundle of joy than to bring her home to the circus…

What do you think?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...