Friday, January 10, 2014

30 Day Fitness Challenge {Full Body Workout}

I enjoy being healthy and active, but it can take a little bit of work and I am still not where I thought I would be 6 months post pregnancy. As a result I am trying something new. No workout “programs” for now. I am planning on taking on challenges instead. The goal is to put together 30 day fitness challenges that I will share with you here. The first one will be a total body workout and will slowly build durability. Then in coming months I may target specific areas of the body to focus on. For me, this is a step in the right direction to physical fitness – a way to get healthy and be active and to reach an attainable goal. While I hope to lose weight, losing weight is not the primary goal for these fitness challenges. The primary goal is to get healthy and get fit.

30 Day Fitness Challange with Free Printable Workout

I have changed my diet to help meet these goals. While I am not on “a diet” I am making efforts to eat healthy and making better food choices. This means that instead of a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast I am eating ½ cup of Fage Yogurt with 1 tbsp honey and ¼ cup blueberries. Instead of eating a sandwich and potato chips for lunch I am eating an Asian chicken salad with a vinaigrette dressing. I am also trying to be more conscious of portion control.


Typically what is served in restaurants is way more than what we should be eating. So as a rule I am now trying to leave a portion of my food on my plate… instead of devouring every crumb. My only exception to this rule is sushi, all sushi will be eaten – every last bit {and I make no excuses or apologies for this}. I love sushi and I only get it on date night, so I will splurge on some delicious sushi. 


30 Day Full Body Fitness Challenge {Abs, Thighs, Butt, Arms}


This 30 Day challenge is meant to be an all over full body challenge. It will work the legs, butt, thighs, abs, and arms. Pairing it with 20-30 minutes of cardio as a warm up will create a nice little workout that will slowly get more and more challenging as the numbers go up. Feel free to break this up throughout the day or into smaller reps when needed.


As a mother of three children 4 years old and under, I have to prioritize my workout and fit it in during nap time. I have found that by working out first thing in the morning during my daughters 1st nap I am able to get the most out of my time. The boys can be entertained with their toys while I run and usually like to exercise with me when I complete my workout. If you are not able to get outside to run due to weather/children and do not own running equipment, I would suggest giving Zumba a try. There are a lot of youtube Zumba videos out there that very fun and quite entertaining.

To make myself accountable for my actions – or lack thereof – I am planning on participating in a Fitness Friday weekly post where I will share my stats with you. To help me keep track of my stats I have purchased a FitBit Flex fitness tracker {I will be reviewing this later after I have sufficiently tested it}.

GOALS
Activity: My goal for next week is to have successfully completed an entire week of the 30 Day Full Body Workout Challenge. I hope to get in about 10,000 steps a day.

Diet: I am terrible about drinking water throughout the day, so a goal of mine for next week is to drink more water. I need to be aware of staying hydrated. I may be shopping for some new water bottles to help me meet this goal and am open to suggestions if you have a brand/bottle that you love please leave me a comment and let me know about it!

Have you ever done a fitness challenge before? If so what did you like/dislike about it?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...