Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Perfect for a Pot Luck: Super Simple Deviled Eggs #Recipe

I know that deviled eggs are a pretty easy thing to make, but since my deviled eggs are something I am almost always asked to bring for social occasions and pot lucks I thought that I would share my recipe with you. It is a pretty simple straight forward recipe, but it is yummy. I never seem to have any left over at the end.

Deviled Egg Recipe Super Simple #appetizer #Recipe with picture tutorial

What you need:
12 Eggs 1 Cup Miracle Whip 
1 Tbsp Koops Horseradish Mustard
Paprika for sprinkling on top {optional}

How to make it:
Boil the eggs in water {I use an Eggsact Eggtimer by Hammerhead Products}
Once the eggs are cooked I set them aside and let them cool.
Once cooled, take the shells off the eggs and rinse them off - making sure to get rid of any shell pieces that might stick.
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Pop out the cooked yolks and place it in a large Ziploc bag. Take a minute to crumble the yolks a bit.
Place the halved hollow hardboiled eggs in a container and set aside.
Add the Miracle Whip and the Koops mustard to the Ziploc bag containing the cooked egg yolks and mix. {I simply smush it all together and roll it around in the bag to mix it}.
Cut off the tip off one corner of the Ziploc bag to create an easy way of dispensing the filing.
Fill the eggs.
Sprinkle a little Paprika over the top of the egg {optional}.

Deviled Egg Recipe Super Simple #appetizer #Recipe with picture tutorial

Deviled Egg Recipe Super Simple #appetizer #Recipe with picture tutorial

I am almost always asked to bring my deviled eggs to pass around. I take it as a compliment. I like my deviled eggs and I am happy that others enjoy them as well. I have found when sampling others deviled eggs that it can be difficult to get the mayo mustard ration right. Normally I just eyeball it. But I thought that I would take out my measuring tools and get it down on paper {or post…} for those that wanted to give it a try.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I love a good deviled egg appetizer and usually find that they are the first to go at events. I may even sample one or two while preparing so that I am guaranteed to get a taste.

What is your go-to pot luck dish?

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...