Monday, April 23, 2012

Crockpot Shredded Chicken: quick and easy dinner with a kick!


Crockpots are my friend. When it comes to meal preparation for my active family I love the ease and convenience of throwing some ingredients in a crockpot to cook and coming back hours later to a finished meal. I am always on the lookout for simple and delicious crockpot recipes and I am happy to share my latest tried and true find with you.

Most of the time I find that chicken cooked in a Crockpot comes out chewy and unappetizing. Until recently I refused to even bother with Crockpot chicken recipes for this reason. Then I visited my mother and tasted her shredded salsa chicken recipe and I was sold. My mother gave me this recipe and it has quickly become a family favorite.

Preperation Time: less than 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 Hours
What you need:
  • 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 jar of salsa
  • ½ can of diced green chilies
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning
 Make it:
 
1.      Combine the jar of salsa, the packet of taco seasoning, and the diced green chilies in the Crockpot.
2.      Place the skinless boneless chicken breasts in the mixture.
3.      Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4.      Right before you are ready to eat take two forks and pull apart {shred} the chicken breasts in the Crockpot.


 
Viola, the shredded chicken is ready! Now you can use it for some yummy shredded chicken tacos or some seriously delicious nachos! It is a no muss no fuss recipe with a lot of kick. The green chilies are optional, but I think they give it extra zest!
 
We make a batch of this chicken early in the week, save some for a leftover meal for later in the week and freeze a majority of it for quick and easy meals on nights when we have no time to cook. This chicken is perfect for a large gathering or event. Thanks mom!
 
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has, Bon Appetite!
 
 

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...