Thursday, April 12, 2012

From baby to toddler in the blink of an eye!

One Year Old!

My baby boy is getting so big so fast. I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital and yet he is walking and eating table food! My baby boy is no longer a baby anymore. He is now a tumbling toddler.


This last week my youngest son turned one. We celebrated his birthday with a nice family brunch. It was small and it was perfect. My one year-old son ate cake for the first time and enjoyed every minute of being the center of attention. He especially loved cuddling with his grandpa and reading stories!


Grandpa reading to his grandsonMy little boy walks, talks {babbles}, giggles, and plays all day long. Just the other day he was sleeping in his pack-and-play right next to my bed, waking me up at all hours of the night to be fed and changed. Now he sleeps through the night in his crib in his room. I feel like every time I look at him he has grown another two inches!


When I get to this point in my children’s development I start to think about what it was like being pregnant and how I felt holding my babies right after they were born. I get nostalgic. NO, I am not pregnant. We do not even have room for another baby in the house that we live in right now. I simply get nostalgic for the early days of having a new baby in the house and I like to consider the possibility of being blessed with another child.


They grow up so fast. My baby is not a baby anymore and my oldest son is running and leaping and talking a mile a minute. The two of them keep me on my toes.


They also have me rolling on the floor with laughter most of the time with the things that they say and do. I have no idea when knock knock jokes became so funny, but when my little guy blurts them out I cannot help but giggle. I cannot remember the last time I went a day without being roared at by my little dinosaurs either. And when did hide-and-seek become the go to game?


I guess what they say is true, time flies when you are having fun. We must be having a lot of fun!



Project 366 Day 94 of One Photo A Day
{okay... 2 photos today}
Project 366
Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...