Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lawn Mowing Magic!

Lawn Mowing Machines

My neighborhood has been taken over by landscapers and I could not be happier about it! I live in a town home and one of the things I like most about where I live is the fact that I do not have to shovel snow or mow my lawn. As part of the association fees, those tasks are contracted out.

So when no one comes to do the job, I start to think about how I am going to be able to complete the task at hand. I do not even own a lawnmower! I have never needed one.

I mentioned a week or so ago that my lawn was starting to resemble a jungle, and it has only gotten worse. The grass has been way over due for a trim, the mulch has disappeared into thin air, and the bushed are in desperate need of a clipping. Needless to say, my lawn has definitely seen better days.

I decided that if my lawn was not attended to this week I was going to take my in-laws up on the offer to borrow their lawnmower. One way or another, I was going to have a nice looking home {yard included} come Easter weekend.
 
I left the house with the children to run an errand and I came home to find my neighborhood swarming with landscapers. They were hard at work mowing lawns and cleaning up the bushes. Although there is no mulch as of yet, the day is not over. I am holding out hope for a perfectly pampered patch of land. We will see…

I am one happy housewife today thanks to a major chore being checked off of my to-do list. It is not that I dislike yard work; I actually enjoy some aspects of yard work maintenance. But I guess that I don’t feel that it is really my yard. I cannot just do whatever I want to my lawn without the approval of the association. While this keeps the community looking uniform and well cared for, I don’t feel pride of ownership with my lawn.

One of the reasons why we want to move is so that we can get a nice house with a big yard for the kids to play in. Although I am not all about plants, I would like to have my own little garden. This is impossible in my townhome, and I accept that… for now.

Once we have our home on the market, I have started to put some thoughts into what I want in my next home and the items we are going to need to purchase to care for our new home. For one, we will need a lawnmower! Until we actually sell our home and find a new one these are all just thoughts. But I am having a fun time thinking my thoughts.

What is the ONE thing every homeowner should have?


Project 366 Day 88 of One Photo A Day
Project 366
Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...