Friday, April 6, 2012

Being able to enjoy the great outdoors again!

I love it when life decides to throw me a bone and bless me with nice weather. It means that I can get out of the house with the kids and let them blow off some serious steam without breaking the bank.   

When the weather is nice there is a little go-to list of activities I like to do with the kids.

 Mom Mart Outdoor Activities

My little list of outdoor activities keeps me and the kids from getting bored and our activities from getting monotonous. Since most of the items on the list have subcategories we can change things up pretty frequently.

One of my personal favorites is when we take out the sweeping supplies and work in the yard. I take out the brooms and let the kids go bananas! They love to imitate mom and dad and since we are kind of neat freaks they see us sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming quite often. They love to clean off the driveway with the brooms and it is a great way to get them ready for whatever activity we decide to do next.

Finding something that both of my children can do together that is developmentally appropriate for both can be a challenge sometimes. Some days I get very tired of refereeing the boys to make sure that they are playing well together. Activities that keep them enthralled are always on the top of my list.

Now that spring is here and the sun is shining I am looking forward to more outdoor playtime. Do you have a particular craft or activity that you like to do outdoors?

Spring Cleaning


Project 366 Day 90 of One Photo A Day
Project 366

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...