I purchased the Fisher Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing in Nature’s Touch from a lovely woman who lived in the area and had listed in on craigslist. She said she purchased this swing in 2006 for her first born child. This activity swing has survived two children in five years and is now working splendidly for me and my baby in our home. This swing has quickly become the go to soother for me when my newborn is being fussy.
Although I purchased my Fisher Price Cradle Swing for $30 off of craigslist, I would happily pay the full price in stores if something were to happen to the one I own now. The Fisher Price Cradle Swing ranges from $100-$225 depending on the bells and whistles you get. Check them out at Fisher Price.
- This swing has the ability to swing in two different directions with the simple touch of a button and twist of the seat. Option 1 is rocking side to side and option 2 is rocking front to back.
- There is an easy access child restraint to help hold baby in place when using the swing.
- There is a completely removable toy tray with developmentally appropriate toys already attached.
- The fabric seat is super soft and very plush. It can be easily removed for washing.
- There is a spinning motorized mobile with a mirror. It plays music or nature sounds and has adjustable volume as well. A great feature built into this product is the automatic shut off of the music and mobile after about five minutes. This saves on battery life and can easily be restarted with the touch of the restart button. Love it!
- There are pockets to store baby paraphernalia located on the back of the fabric positioned between the swings legs.
- My Favorite feature on this swing is the fact that it folds for easy storage and portability. The seat can be easily detached and the legs swing in and lock into place. This feature alone makes it worth it to purchase this swing.
My newborn son has decided that this is one of the only places he will be soothed to sleep. We are planning on taking this swing with us on our next family road trip.
I highly recommend this activity swing to anyone and everyone!