Thursday, March 21, 2013

Trying to keep up my energy #Pregnancy Week 26

I have started to get tired again. I know that once third trimester hits I will be getting increasingly more exhausted.  So I have started to look for ways of boosting my energy and what has worked best for me is keeping busy and exercising. I know it sounds silly, but if there is a project to do I focus on the project and not how tired I am. I have added more exercise to my schedule in order to give me a boost and this has worked the best for me so far!

How Far Along: 
26 Weeks Pregnant {26 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
The bump is getting pretty big now and you can even see her moving if she is being particularly active– which I think is super cool!

Pregnancy Week 26

Pregnancy Week 26

Baby Development:  
The network of nerves in my baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She should now be able to hear both my voice and my hubby’s voice. She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. She is also continuing to put on baby fat, hooray for plump little fingers and toes! She should weigh about a pound and two-thirds now and should measure about 14 inches from head to heel. Baby now has eyelashes too!

Symptoms:
I mentioned earlier that I am feeling more exhausted and I have been known to fall asleep while tucking in my little peanut when I put him to bed. Exercising more has helped to give me more energy throughout the day, so I have been adding more exercise to my routine.

I have also noticed my belly occasionally feeling really tight. According to thebump it is a contraction. Yup, already. But I am not too worried about it, as it is just my body practicing some tightening in preparation for labor. It is not intense and it doesn’t last for long.

Currently craving: 
Veggies. I have been eating salads and veggies like crazy!

Currently Avoiding: 
I am not avoiding anything right now.

Belly button status: 
In… for now.

Movement:
She has been playing the hide-and-go-seek game lately. I can feel her moving and I can see my belly popping when she gives a good kick, but as soon as one of the boys puts his hand on my belly to feel her she stops.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
Glucose Test {Gestational Diabetes Test} is week 28, My next appointment is set for week 29, and my follow up ultrasound is scheduled for week 30. BUSY!

Any baby related purchases?:
None this week although I am getting a little anxious to start getting the nursery picked out and set up. I cannot make up my mind as to which design to go with and I keep making more design boards because I keep seeing super cute stuff for a little girls room… I could be in a bit of trouble.

Other: 
I have been traveling pretty much this entire month and as a result of being cramped up in a car and on my feet constantly I have had a little bit of swelling. It is not a rapid or dramatic swelling {which can mean preeclampsia} so I am not too worried. But it is something I will need to keep an eye on and be aware of… And maybe stay off my feet a bit.

Did you experience any swelling?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...