Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Parmesan Baked Pollock Fillet Recipe


I am a big fan of seafood. I love to eat seafood year round and I like to change things up when it comes to the way I cook seafood. Thank goodness my husband likes seafood as much as I do.

I recently played around with different ways to cook Pollock. I was tired of fried fish and it was too cold to venture outdoors to grill, so I got a little creative with the idea of baking Pollock. I wanted it to be a light and fresh tasting dish with a little zing. I also did not want the dish to be too overpowering.  

I know that fish recipes are a big hit this time of year with Lent, so I thought that I would share my Parmesan Baked Pollock Fillet recipe with you. It is definitely a great alternative to the standard fish fry {although I have to say that Holy Cross had a really delicious fish fry back when I was growing up.} I pair this dish with a little mushroom and asparagus medley and a cheesy biscuit.

Parmesan Baked Pollock Fillet

What you Need:
4-6 Pollock fillets
1 red onion, sliced into rings {I do not use the entire red onion- I used enough rings to create a base for the Pollock to rest on}
1 lemon, halved and cut into slices
Salt to taste {a pinch}
Ground black pepper to taste {a pinch}
Paprika {a pinch}
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Olive oil {to do a light coating of foil}

How to Make it:
Place the foil onto a baking tray and then brush a thin layer of olive oil on it to prevent sticking.
Place onion rings on the foil strips.
Place the Alaska Pollock fillets directly on top of the onion.
Dress the fish with salt, pepper, and paprika {I lightly sprinkled this on}
Put the lemon halved slices onto the fish.
Sprinkle the fish with parmesan cheese {this goes over the lemon}.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F

Parmesan Baked Fish Recipe

My husband and I both gobble this up and will eat two of the little fillets each. I like to buy my fish in the freezer section {as I live in Illinois and am nowhere near anything that could possibly resemble a good source of fresh seafood}. I let it thaw over night in the fridge and it is usually ready to go the next day without incident.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. It is really a simple dish to throw together and is really a great simple and quick meal for the whole family. I think I will tackle a new Salmon recipe soon… for some reason capers are sounding really yummy right now.


Do you like seafood and if so what is your favorite seafood?

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...