Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting a little uncomfortable now… #Pregnancy Week 25


So I am getting bigger and as I get bigger the waddle increases, the belly gets tighter, and I start to feel like an over inflated balloon. I feel like it is a little early in this pregnancy to feel this way, but I do have pregnancy brain and rose colored glasses on when it comes to each pregnancy.

How Far Along: 
25 Weeks Pregnant {25 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
I am getting bigger by the day and depending on what I wear some days I feel like I look like the good year blimp. I know this is not the case and I am not really huge {I am gaining the correct amount of weight, so says the doctor.} I just feel huge.

Pregnancy Week 25

Pregnancy Week 25

Baby Development:  
Head to heel - Julia is now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight is about a pound and a half {think head of cauliflower}.  She is beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Symptoms:
Aside from feeling huge I am really tired all the time. Granted I am chasing around two little boys under the age of 4, but I am more tired than what is typical for me for the second trimester.

Currently craving: 
I am back on the spicy train. I am really looking for food with a kick and I STILL have not had my taco fix from Stir Crazy yet. I am also really wanting bagel and lox thanks to a fancy footed Social Fabric friend of mine posting a picture of his breakfast… (TED!)

Currently Avoiding: 
I am not avoiding anything right now.

Belly button status: 
In… although we are getting kinda close here.

Movement:
She is still an early riser, but now we are becoming more active in the middle of the night too. Not cool Julia… Not cool.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
I had my doctor’s appointment this week and I scheduled my Glucose Test {Gestational Diabetes Test} for week 28, My next appointment for week 29, and my follow up ultrasound for week 30.

The follow up ultrasound is to check on Julia’s kidneys – as they were presenting rather on the larger side during my 20 week appointment. I am not too worried about this as I went through the same thing with my first born.

Any baby related purchases?:
Umm…. I may have bought a couple more little girl outfits… and some little socks. I need to get moving on the nursery, but am having so much fun putting together design boards I am unable to decide on one theme. That and I am waiting for the bunk beds we ordered for Steven to come so we can transition him out of the crib and into his big boy room.

Other: 
I cannot believe that I am just a couple weeks away from being in my third trimester {starts at week 28}! At the doctor’s office this week I received a folder filled with third trimester information as well as wellness screening sheets for siblings to fill out for when my children come visit me at the hospital. Oy! I am so not ready to think about that yet!

How long did you wait to have your nursery ready for baby?




Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...