Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early Morning Movement #Pregnancy Week 24


How Far Along: 
24 Weeks Pregnant {24 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
With both of my children being home nonstop over the past 2 weeks either sick or recovering from surgery we have had quite a few pajama days with very few real clothing days. This is one of the few non-pajama days we had.

Pregnancy Week 24

 Pregnant Week 24

Baby Development:  
My baby is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts Julia at just over a pound. She is almost a foot long! Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. The lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Symptoms:
I am experiencing growing pains. My stomach is getting larger and as a result my skin is getting stretched quite a bit, although I am not really noticing stretch marks (thank goodness). I am noticing that my feet and hands are swelling. I am so not a fan of that.

Currently craving: 
The kids and I cannot get enough fruit… and I am really loving my variety of girl scout cookies. I knew there was a reason that I didn’t keep sweets in the house – one is never enough!

Currently Avoiding: 
Nothing.

Belly button status: 
In.

Movement:
She is a very active little girl already. She has been waking me up at about 6am every morning.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
I have a checkup next week and I believe that I will be scheduling a glucose test and a follow up ultrasound.

Any baby related purchases?:
Nothing this week, although I have been having a blast and a half putting together design boards for the new nursery.

Other: 
I keep looking at my calendar and freaking out. It is March and this baby is due in June. My entire month of March is booked solid and although April slows down a bit, May and June will be crazy busy too! I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying by.

Did your pregnancy go by in the blink of an eye or did you feel like it was never ending?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...