Saturday, March 23, 2013

Design Board: The Pretty in Pink Nursery


My mother-in-law recently posted on the Mom Mart Facebook page that she likes the color pink and would like to see a nursery that embraces this color. She is my inspiration behind this week’s nursery design board that I have titled “Pretty in Pink”.

A pink theme can be overwhelming and sometimes nauseating depending on the room and the amount of pink in the room. I speak from experience as my childhood room had pink walls, a pink bow border, and pink just about anywhere else you could possibly think to put it. I grew up, but my room did not grow up with me. That is why my “Pretty in Pink” nursery theme embraces various shades of pink, but only as accents that can be switched out. I have also thrown ice blue in the mix to cool things off.

I chose to bring the pretty in pink theme to life with some soft accents like floor pillows and a pink and white striped rug. The bedding is floral, but not old. It brings in shades of pink as well as yellow and blue. I love the paisley print too! I happened across this DIY pink ombre dresser and thought it was perfect. The pink gradation is perfect and I love the clean modern lines of the dresser that contrast nicely with the more traditional feel of the bedding. The upholstered glider is in an ice blue shade that cools off all of the pink in the room nicely.

Pretty in Pink Little Girl Nursery


1) Portia Wall Mirror Set of 12 by Home Decorators Collection  2) Maya Floral Nursery Bedding by Pottery Barn Kids  3) Laying Low Cushion (pink) by Land of Nod  4) Copacabana Pink Area Rug at LampsPlus  5) Ombre Drawers Makeover by MiniMozBlog  6) Sweet Jane Pink Tissue Paper Mobile by PomLove  7) Myles Glider by Dwell Studio

When I was a little girl growing up I had a pink room. Granted my bedroom was painted Pepto Bismol pink and there ribbons everywhere. Regardless, I still had myself a pink bedroom. And while I loved it when I was younger, it became a bit overwhelming as I grew up.  While I would not paint another bedroom pink {especially bright pink} I think that accenting in various shades of pink can be beautiful and feminine and can change and grow with a little girl.

 

What do you think?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...