Saturday, March 2, 2013

Design Board: The Modern Owl Nursery

With baby number three on the way I have been thinking about designing the perfect nursery for our little bundle of joy. This is the third nursery that I will be creating for my family and it is the first one for a little girl, so I am chock full of fun ideas! As a result of my need to create and nest I will be creating some nursery design boards to share with you.

To kick off my design board extravaganza I would like to share with you my take on a Modern Owl Nursery. I love owls. I think they are adorable {thought I was going to say “hoot” – didn’t you?}. They are whimsical and can bring nature into a nursery with fun pops of color.

I wanted to create a colorful nursery that would work for a little boy or a little girl and be something that a child could also grow into; something gender neutral without being beige. I really enjoy the blood orange color paired with the soft blue and clean white. It pops without being too overwhelming. I am also a fan of adding texture and this pouf brings in a soft quality that helps offset the clean lines of the modern crib and dresser.



1.) Low Rise crib with maple base by Land of Nod  2.) DL Rhein Zig Zag Orange Embroidered Pillow  3.) Blood Orange Pouf  4.) Crib Baby Mobile in Earthy by JennaEBee13  5.) Alphabet Print by ThePennyPaperCo  6.) Skip Hop Tree Top Friends Crib Bedding  7.) Maple Andersen Dresser by Land of Nod  8.) Handsewn Organic Nursery Pillow by Gingiber



What do you think?




Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...