Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Maggiano’s Bruschetta Inspired Recipe


My hubby and I attended a wedding this summer and had to entertain ourselves in between the wedding and the reception. We went to Maggiano’s Little Italy for an appetizer and a cocktail. We had the Bruschetta appetizer and it was out of this world delicious. I knew that I wanted this appetizer in my repertoire. When I started planning my Christmas Eve menu I immediately thought of this dish and decided it was the perfect time to give it a go.  


The “Maggiano’s Inspired Bruschetta Recipe.”

Maggiano’s Inspired Bruschetta Recipe

I completed the recipe in this order: make bruschetta spread, slice baguette, brush on the bruschetta spread and toast baguette, while baguette is toasing create the tomato relish, and once the baguette is toasted load them up with relish and set out for eating.

Preperation Time: 30 minutes – 1 hour (depending on how quick you are)
Servings: One Whole French Baguette

What you need for the Bruschetta spread:
3 ounces (2/3 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. parsley
½ Tbsp. crushed red pepper
¼  cup garlic (1 head), peeled and minced
½  anchovy fillet, minced
½  Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½  Tbsp. salt
several grinds of peppercorns

Make the Bruschetta spread:
In a mixing bowl, whip butter until light.
Slowly begin to add olive oil a little at a time, with the mixer on medium speed, until well incorporated.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix until incorporated. Reserve until needed.

Yield: 2 cups (you will use all of it if using a whole French baguette)

What you need for the tomato relish topping:
2 cups of large plum or beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice (cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds and juice before continuing)
1 cup of Balsamic vinaigrette (I thought this was a little much this time and will be using less in the future)
1/4 cup fresh basil, rinsed, stems removed and chopped
1 Tbsp. roasted garlic
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or to taste)
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup shaved parmesan

Make the tomato relish and toast the baguettes:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and coat each side with 1 Tbsp. of the spread and toast until nicely browned but not burned. (about 10 minutes depending on oven)
Put all relish ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Top each slice with tomato relish and shaved Parmesan cheese.
EAT!

This recipe is pretty easy to prepare once you get going and it tastes delicious. I don’t want to tell you how many of these things I ate… It is shameful. I could have sat down right in front of the platter and dined on this all night!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has, Bon Appetite!


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...