Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to make Lasagna Roll-Ups

I pinned a  “Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll-Up” Pin that looked really tasty. It also looked super easy and something that would not be hard for me to try my hand at. Unfortunately chicken in my lasagna would not go over great with the family so I changed up the chicken and instead used sweet italian sausage instead. I also made a few small tweaks to this recipe to suit my own tastes as well. This recipe is perfect for tweaking, as it is really flexible about ingredient. I think next time I will add spinach and mushrooms as well...



Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 3-6 servings

What you need:
·         1/3 lb of ground italian sausage
·         1/4 cup milk
·         1 cup Ricotta cheese
·         1/8 teaspoon pepper
·         1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
·         8 lasagna noodles {cooked and drained}
·         1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
·         1 jar of Prego Spaghetti Sauce

Cook It:
In a medium pot boil water and cook lasagna noodles {cook time of noodles vary according to package directions}. When the noodles are done you can drain them or use tongs and gently take them out of the water and lay them flat.

While noodles are cooking, in a medium skillet cook the ground italian sausage over a medium heat for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally so that all  of the meat gets cooked, drain.

In separate bowl combine Italian sausage, cheeses, milk, and pepper

Spread 1/2 cup mixture on each lasagna noodle; roll jelly-roll fashion {I find that it is easier to just eyeball the mixture and divide it into six even looking portions}

Flat NoodlesNoodle Rolling



Noodle RollingLasagna Rolls in Pan

In a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Arrange lasagna rolls, seam-side down in sauce in baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.

Lasagna Rolls

Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot

Serve, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.

I played around with this recipe for a while. I finally settled on Italian sausage for the meat selection. Although I have seen it with turkey and beef, I have found that the Italian sausage packs the most flavor.  It is easy to prepare and tastes delicious. It is also very easy to tweak this recipe to your own taste. It was a big hit in my house and has already been requested again.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has, Bon Appetite!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...