Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Night Drama for Mama: Rizzoli & Isles

With winter fast approaching the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer. One of my favorite ways to spend my short days is playing with my two boys. We play with toys, do arts and crafts, read stories, and spend a majority of our time laughing. Exerting so much energy throughout the day leaves me wanting to throw on my pajamas, pop some popcorn, and settle in for a good comedy or drama. I take my drama in the form of television entertainment.

One of my favorite crime dramas on television is Rizzoli and Isles. I think that I am partial to this show because the main characters are both strong smart successful women. Rizzoli and Isles stars Angie Harmon as Jane Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander as Maura Isles. Rizzoli is a Boston police detective who is on top of her game and Isles is a fashion forward brilliant medical examiner. They are best friends and coworkers who work together to get the bad guy.


Rizzoli and Isles is on tonight with an all new episode at 10/9c on TNT and with it comes another blast from the past. Tonight Jane attends her high school reunion and brings Maura along for the ride, but the fun is cut short when one of her old classmates turns up dead on the football field. Jane must focus on the past when she realizes that everyone in her class is a potential suspect. Meanwhile, Korsak gets a visit from ex-wife Melody Patterson, who hopes he'll invest in her new business. As an added bonus, Sgt. Major Charles 'Casey' Jones, an old flame of Jane’s makes a reappearance as does a certain car mechanic who has a thing for Maura.

I know that I will be tuned in tonight to see what Jane was like when she was in high school. My guess is lanky, awkward, and socially inept. Although, I could be completely wrong, she could have been prom queen. ‘If you haven't seen the show, you can check it out here http://bit.ly/lnDvyi!

I tune into Rizzoli and Isles every week to try and figure out the mystery of who done it. Although I am not always right in my guesses, I am always entertained. My favorite part of this show is the friendship between the two main characters. Like most real friendships Jane and Maura joke, they laugh, they argue, and they tease one another. There is an easy banter between the main characters that makes me wonder if they are truly friends once the film stops rolling.

Is there something about this show that speaks to you?


I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for ‘Rizzoli & Isles.’

Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...