Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping: Be Safe!

I love Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping! I love feeling like I got the best deal possible and I am getting more for my money. In this economy, I hardly think that I am alone. Everyone likes to get a deal and stretch their dollars.

This Black Friday I will be going out shopping with my sisters. We are going to spend part of Thanksgiving Day searching the Black Friday adds for the best deals in town. We are going to stay up super late drinking coffee and watching movies. And we will be going to several stores around town trying to knock out as much of our Christmas shopping as possible.

When I go shopping I rarely carry cash with me. I feel a lot more comfortable not carrying cash on me. I find that it is easier for me to swipe my credit card than it is to count out exact change. Nowadays most people use credit cards when doing major shopping. With the widespread use of credit cards comes the opportunity for criminal theft of identity.  

Something to be aware of before you go swipe crazy on Black Friday and Cyber Monday is identity theft protection . It is better to be safe than sorry. IdentityHawk offers a comprehensive identity theft solution to safeguard your good name and protect you from identity theft.

How identity thieves steal your identity:

·    Skimming: Identity thieves steal credit/debit card numbers by using a special storage device when processing your card.
·    Phishing: Identity thieves pretend to be a financial institution or company and send spam or pop-up messages to get you to reveal your personal information.
·    Dumpster Diving: Identity thieves rummage through trash looking for bills or other paper/mail with your personal information on it.
·    Changing Your Address: Identity thieves divert billing statements to another location by completing a change of address form.
·    Old-Fashioned Stealing. They steal wallets and purses; mail, including bank and credit card statements; pre-approved credit offers; and new checks or tax information. They steal personnel records, or bribe employees who have access.

I am a firm believer in the power of information and education. If you know what is out there, you know what to be aware of it.

On your Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping I wish you the best of luck! Be safe, be merry, and be savvy shoppers!

Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...