Sunday, November 13, 2011

Simplified Shopping for the Holidays with Prepaid Debit Cards

Santa
With holiday shopping fast approaching it is time to start thinking about the holiday budget. Every year I create a budget for the holidays. My budget includes Christmas gifts, holiday décor for the house, and any special trips or activities my family will be partaking in.

In order to create a budget I first create lists. I don’t know about you, but I love lists. I especially love crossing things off of my lists. Lists are an easy way to organize my thoughts, my time, and my money.

·    My first list consists of the people I am buying Christmas presents for and what gifts I am planning on giving them.
·    My second list is more of a to-do list. I look around the house and figure out what needs to be done. Do all of my holiday decorations work, do I need to replace anything.
·    My third list is more of a calendar. I look at what my family is planning on doing over the holidays. Are we going to go get a picture with Santa? Are we taking a trip to visit family?

Once I have all of my lists complete I look at the projected budget. How much money do I need for the holidays? How can I get the most bang for my buck? How can I avoid overspending!

The simplest solution is usually the best solution. I have found that using a prepaid debit card is one of the best ways to go when shopping for the holidays and trying to stick to a budget. When the amount of money on the card runs out, that’s it! I can always reload the prepaid debit card with more money if I need to.

I can load the card with as much or as little as you want. I use the card just like a credit card when making a purchase; only I don’t get charged an interest and there won’t be a bill coming in the mail. There are no overdraft fees! My personal bank information is not out there for identity thieves to steal. I find that this is also a fantastic way to control my spending and keep me on target when off shopping!

Store gift cards limit where you can do your holiday shopping, while prepaid debit cards leave you with options. My Green Dot prepaid debit cards are accepted anywhere Visa and MasterCard credit cards are accepted.

Let’s be honest, I need all the help I can get when it comes to sticking to a holiday budget and managing my money!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...