Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family Movie Night "Game of Your Life" is a Hit!

One of my favorite activities to do as a family is sit back and relax with a bucket of popcorn, and warm blanket, and a good movie. There is nothing better than cuddling on the couch with my little peanuts to watch the latest family friendly film. And that is just what I did this afternoon.

My boys and I settled in for a fun afternoon of pajamas, popcorn, and the latest P&G Family Movie Night film Game of Your Life.

The premiere of Game of Your Life is on Friday, December 2 on NBC at 8pm ET/7pm CT.


I am a big fan of the Family Movie Night films because they are well made family friendly movies that the whole family can enjoy. The language and content is appropriate for all ages and the acting is engaging. The latest Family Movie Night Game of Your Life is no disappointment.


Game of Your Life is a movie about high school gamer, Zach Taylor, who lands a scholarship to a prestigious institute of game design. This is a dream come true for a kid whose family business is headed for bankruptcy. The main character is teamed up with a trio of gaming gurus who work together to pass the freshman project that will eliminate half of the class. During the course of the project there are both personal and professional ups and downs the Zach must overcome.

This is an illuminating story that acknowledges the magnitude behind the cause and effect of the choices we make. The story also touches on the importance loyalty plays in making of both personal and professional decisions.

I thought that this movie was a success. The characters are believable and likable. The film captures the college feel of community and the anxiety of being a freshman early on. One of my favorite aspects of this movie is the parallel between the main characters choices and the video game that he is developing, also about choices and consequences. This is a completely relatable concept that is great for all ages.

I don’t know about you, but my freshman year I adored playing video games... Okay I still adore playing video games and love to play whenever my little peanuts are down for the night and there is a new IT game to play. Needless to say this game was fun for me to watch with the game name dropping and the game development front and center in the storyline.

Although I used to work for a video game store, I was more about the playing of the video games and less about the creation of the video games. This was an interesting peak into the process of taking an idea and turning it into a product. With hard work, dedication, and honesty dreams can come true. I think this is a pretty good message for children and adults alike.

Game of Your Life was a fun movie with a great message that’s perfect for families this holiday season. I recommend tuning in this Friday, December 2nd at 8/7 c on NBC.

You can visit the  Family Movie Night Facebook Page  and the Family Movie Night website for more information.

“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of P&G and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...