Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Glazed Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot #Recipe


I love a good pork tenderloin. Unfortunately cooking pork tenderloin always seems to take a lot longer than anticipated. I have been looking at ways of cutting back my time in the kitchen hovering over my oven. It just so happens to nicely coincide with the weather heating up – I am also looking at ways to get dinner on the table while keeping my oven use to a minimum. So a new Crockpot recipe it is! I love a good win-win situation.
  
Glazed Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot! #Recipe #Foodie #YUM #Crockpot


What you need:
1 Pork Tenderloin
1 teaspoon Ground Sage
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
1 clove Garlic -minced
½ cup Water
½ cup Brown sugar
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Water
2 tablespoons Soy sauce

How to make it:
In a small bowl combine the seasonings {sage, salt, pepper, and garlic} and rub over tenderloin.
Pour the ½ cup water into the slow cooker.
Put the seasoned tenderloin into the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
About 20 minutes before you are ready to eat mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan {brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, soy sauce} over medium heat.
Keep stirring until you have reached the desired thickness. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
Remove the pork tenderloin from the Crockpot and place on a tin foil lined cookie sheet. Glaze the tenderloin and broil for about 2 minutes. Repeat this glazing and broiling process until the desired caramelized crust is achieved. {I do it twice}.
  
Glazed Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot! #Recipe #Foodie #YUM #Crockpot

Glazed Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot! #Recipe #Foodie #YUM #Crockpot

Glazed Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot! #Recipe #Foodie #YUM #Crockpot


Adapted from the original recipe at Big Oven.

The original recipe has you glazing the pork tenderloin while in the Crockpot an hour beforehand. But let me be perfectly honest and tell you that I do not have time to be glazing anything repeatedly for a whole hour… It is almost summer and my three children DEMAND my attention. By finishing this off by broiling at the end I do not need to hover over my Crockpot and I get a really delicious crust on my tenderloin… and I love a good caramelized crust. Something about it screams summer to me.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy

I love a good Crockpot meal because it saves me SO much time in the kitchen and I rely on them for especially busy days. I especially love this recipe because the end result is crispy and full of flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. I am on a mission for more Crockpot meals for this summer, as I foresee us being very busy people. So if you have one I would love to hear about it.

Do you have a favorite Crockpot meal?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...