Thursday, December 18, 2014

Simple Vegetable Side Dish – Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts #Recipe

As a child I was never a fan of brussels sprouts. I don’t know very many children that are. That is not to say that these children who love brussels sprouts don’t exist. I am quite sure that they do. I just don’t happen to know them. Growing up, I was never a fan… in fact I cannot remember ever having brussels sprouts as a child. I remember eating a lot of broccoli and green beans and peas, but not really brussels sprouts. Needless to say, I am much more adventurous with food as an adult than I ever was as a child. In fact I really enjoy brussels sprouts now and have fun playing around and finding fun ways to eat them. As a result I have a new balsamic roasted brussels sprout recipe to share with you today!

balsamic roasted brussels sprout #recipe #tutorial
  

What you need:
1 bag of brussels sprouts {12oz bag of small/medium size}
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

How to make it:
Preheat oven to 400°

Rinse and trim the brussels sprouts and cut them in ½ through the center.

In a bowl combine the brussels sprouts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.  

In one even layer, place the mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. *about ½ way through cooking, stop and mix up the brussels sprouts so that they cook evenly.

**optional- you can toss in some mushroom to roast with the brussels sprouts as well. They are delicious cooked this way too.


balsamic roasted brussels sprout #recipe #tutorial

balsamic roasted brussels sprout #recipe #tutorial

Be sure to serve this dish warm. It makes a difference. I really like this vegetable side dish and since it really is super quick and easy to make it is one that is perfect for those busy nights where time is precious. I am obsessed with balsamic vinegar right now. I have been eating it on salad, making roasted sandwiches with it… It is something I am totally craving right now.

I like roasted vegetables. Sometimes when I make this I toss in some mushrooms too, as they taste great cooked this way as well. I think next time I make this I will add some onion in too and see how that turns out. Right now I am loving this really tasty winter vegetable dish. I would pair it with a creamy main dish.

Love brussels sprouts? You should check out my other brussels sprout recipe: BlueCheese Brussels Sprouts.


 This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday.



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...