Tuesday, April 2, 2013

EASY Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

EASY Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

My husband celebrated his birthday this weekend. Since it was Easter weekend we combined our Easter celebration with his birthday… This means that he received a traditional Easter meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, carrot cake, and so on.

My husband likes carrot cake just fine, but he simply loves peanut butter. It is his favorite thing to eat! His grandmother has made him peanut butter fudge in the past but since I have never made fudge in my life I thought I would try to whip him up a simple yet delicious peanut butter treat that I could handle. After some serious thinking and a look through my Pinterest board I decided to make Rice Krispie treats with a twist.


What you Need:
4 tablespoons margarine or butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
6 oz Milk Chocolate chips for melting

How to Make It:
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat
Add marshmallows and stir until the butter and marshmallows are melted and combined.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir mixture until combined.
Add Rice Krispies
Let cool for 5 minutes and form into 1-inch balls.
In a separate microwave safe container melt the milk chocolate chips {Heat for 30 seconds on 50% power, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted – it should be smooth and shiny}.
Dip the peanut butter Rice Krispie Balls into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper {so as not to stick to the cookie sheet}.
Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden the chocolate.

Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

My sister-in-law informed me that these treats have a name. I just cannot for the life of me remember what she called them. Although I am quite sure that these treats go by many names, I will simply call them chocolate peanut butter balls – as I feel that describes them beautifully.

This was really easy to make and they are extremely addictive. I cannot eat just one. No – I am serious. If I have one I will pop another two in my mouth while I am thinking about what better food choices I should be making. Oh well… They are small little treats that satisfy that salty sweet kick I seem to be on lately. I am not quite sure if they are more for me or my husband, but the whole family has been enjoying them and I will be sure to make these again.



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...